History/Background Information: A full short proof set consisting of the 1931 issues of the 1/4D through to the 2.5 Shillings. Refer to the featured article "South African Legends: The 1931 Proof Set" on our website for further information on this legendary issue. Part of the KGV issues of the Union of SA struck between 1923 and 1936.
Certification: All NGC Certified as follows:
1) Farthing (1/4 Penny) - PR65 Brown, Gem Proof
2) 1/2 Penny - PR65 Brown, Gem Proof
3) Penny - PR64 Brown,
4) 3 Pence - PR64, Lengendary 1931 Tickey
5) 6 Pence - PR65, Gem Proof
6) Shilling - PR66, Gem Proof also finest grade
7) 2 Shillings (Florin) - PR65, Gem Proof
8) 2-1/2 Shillings - PR65, Gem Proof
Condition Notes: An exceedingly rare short proof set of which only 62 sets were issued. Each coin immaculately preserved and beautifully crafted. The coppers are a rich chocolate brown whilst the silvers are superbly toned with full mirrored surfaces.
Mintage: 62 sets
Reference: Hern P7